- The Bowmer Project for Student Playgoers
Every year the Bowmer Project provides tickets to twelve high school and middle school classes (15 – 35 students per class) in Jackson, Josephine, Klamath and Siskiyou Counties.
Prior to the students' visit, teachers attend special workshops that offer strategies for teaching the plays their students will attend.
During the program the students make two separate visits to the Festival where they see two plays, attend a Backstage Tour and participate in a post-show discussion led by an OSF company member.
All students who complete the program receive a pass to attend selected plays with a guest during the season.
Participating 2014 Bowmer Project Schools are Ashland Middle; Butteville Elementary; Crater School of Business, Innovation and Science; Golden Eagle Charter; Illinois Valley High; Lincoln Savage Middle; North Medford High; Phoenix High; Rogue River High; Scott Valley Junior High; St. Mary's and White Mountain Middle.
Applications for 2015 will be made available in mid-April. Please check back then!
Bowmer Project Sponsors
The Carpenter Foundation
- The Ashland Schools Project
This program, offered to all schools in the Ashland School District, provides a variety of learning opportunities:
- Students in the 6th through 8th grades see a 40-minute adaptation of a current OSF production presented by OSF actors and 7th and 8th graders will participate in Shakespeare workshops.
- Freshman English students at Ashland High School participate in a Prologue, attend a current OSF production in the Angus Bowmer Theatre, and join in a follow-up discussion with a member of the cast.
- Teachers from any Ashland school bringing students to see a play at OSF can schedule a prepatory class in their classroom taught by company members.
- Ashland High School Partnership
OSF and Ashland High School formed a school-business partnership in the fall of 1993 in response to Measure 5, which greatly reduced education funds in Oregon. Under the terms of the partnership, OSF company members teach a master class at the high school each year. In return, students find creative ways to give back to OSF company members.
- Teacher Appreciation Day
OSF's Eighth Annual Teacher Appreciation Event is Saturday, March 15!
Tickets on sale Monday, February 3.
The Education staff invites teachers from Jackson, Josephine, Klamath and Siskiyou counties to join us for a wine and cheese reception in New Place (located next to the Thomas Theatre courtyard) at 7:00 p.m. followed by a complimentary performance of The Tempest at 8:00 p.m. in the Angus Bowmer Theatre. (An additional companion ticket may be purchased for $10.00.)
To reserve your tickets or for more information contact the OSF Group Sales office at 541-488-5406 or toll-free at 866-545-6337. The order deadline is Feb. 28, ticket availability is limited and there are no refunds or exchanges with this offer. Tickets to the performance will be available for pick up at the reception in New Place on March 15.