Join us this Spring for lectures and more!
Join us in the Spring for lectures (discursos) or a Preface Plus in Carpenter Hall on Saturdays. Lectures might be given by company members or visiting artists or scholars, and a Preface Plus provides in-depth information about particular plays on our stages this season.
Lectures are scheduled for the following dates: March 8, 29; April 12, 19; May 3, 17. Click 'more information' below for a list of speakers.
Preface Plus: The Sign in Sidney Brustein's Window
An in-depth introduction to this rarely produced classic by Lorraine Hansberry. Noon on Saturdays. March 1, 15, 22; April 5, 26; May 10.
Tickets for lectures and Preface Plus are $12 adults, $10 members, $8 youth (ages 6-17).
Saturday, March 8
- Lecture: "Extended play: the Sign in The Tempest, Cocoanuts, Sidney and Comedy of Errors," Lue Douthit, Director of Literary Development and Dramaturgy
Saturday, March 29
- Lecture: "Dissonance and Harmony: The Search for Connection in Water by the Spoonful," Lydia Garcia, Literary Associate, Dramaturg (Water by the Spoonful)
Saturday, April 12
- Lecture: "The Cocoanuts: From the Stage, to the Screen, to the Stage," Mark Bedard, Actor and Adaptor and Julie Dubiner, Associate Director, American Revolutions: the United States History Cycle, Dramaturg (The Cocoanuts)
Saturday, April 19
- Lecture: "Unwrinkling Wrinkle: how to adapt a mega-world famous novel for the stage," Lue Douthit, Director of Literary Development and Dramaturgy, Dramaturg (A Wrinkle in Time)
Saturday, May 3
- Panel Discussion: "A Harlem Comedy of Errors: two actors, four roles," Rodney Gardiner and Tobie Windham, Actors, Moderated by Lydia Garcia, Literary Associate
Saturday, May 17
- Lecture: "Dining with Caliban: a Gastronomical Approach to The Tempest," Barry Kraft, Dramaturg (The Tempest)